The course primarily targets development practitioners and policy-makers working on the development of sustainable food systems. It will also benefit those interested in learning more about food systems and how to develop sustainable food systems, such as:
- Farmer representatives
- Support services providers
- Agribusiness representatives
- Development practitioners
- Government policy-makers
You will learn about
- The concepts of interlinkages and sustainability in food systems, including sustainability trade-offs.
- The concept of value-added in sustainable food systems development.
- Applying the Food System Wheel as an analytical framework to describe and analyse food systems.
- The Structure - Conduct - Performance (S-C-P) and SFS development paradigms to explain the dynamics of the Food System Wheel.
The course consists of 2 lessons of 30 and 40 minutes duration respectively:
- Lesson 1 - Key concepts in sustainable food systems
- Lesson 2 - An analytical framework