This course has been developed to support countries in the analysis and reporting for SDG Indicators 2.5.1 and 2.5.2. These indicators measure the achievement of SDG target 2.5, which focuses on maintaining genetic diversity of seeds, cultivated plants and farmed and domesticated animals and their related wild species. The course illustrates the fundamental concepts upon which the methodology is based.
Duration: 6.5 hours Publication Date: August 2018
The online version of this course runs on the latest versions of Chrome and Safari. In order to access this course on Internet Explorer or Firefox, you must install and enable Adobe Flash player.
This course is primarily intended for those who play a role in data collection, analysis and reporting for the SDG Indicators 2.5.1 and 2.5.2 (Plant and Animal Genetic Resources), as well as for people with an interest in the process, including:
- Policy makers or advisors
- National coordinators/ focal points for animal or plant genetic resources
- Data analysts
You will learn about
The course consists of 7 lessons, ranging from approximately 25 to 75 minutes duration each:
- Lesson 1 Introduction
- Lesson 2 Plant genetic diversity for food and agriculture
- Lesson 3 Monitoring plant genetic resources in genebanks
- Lesson 4 Interpreting and communicating results on plant genetic resources
- Lesson 5 Animal genetic diversity for food and agriculture
- Lesson 6 Gathering information and data on animal genetic resources
- Lesson 7 Interpreting and communicating results on animal genetic resources